Serve with Schramsberg Blanc de Blanc
- 4 Leeks (all white, and light green parts)
- 8 Yukon gold or butter red potatoes
- 1/2 medium sweet onion
- 1 clove elephant garlic
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons imperial margarine
- green onion, minced
- turkey bacon, crumbled
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- Melt margarine and olive oil in stock pot.
- Saute chopped onion, leek, and garlic until soft. Saute peeled and chopped (1 inch) potatoes until soft (don’t brown).
- Add chicken broth plus 6 oz of water and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are soft enough to mash.
- Puree potatoes and broth in 2 batches until smooth.
- Add evaporated skim milk. Heat until simmering.
- Season with pepper and serve with toppings.
Submitted by, Gene Wall, 2004 Camp Schramsberg