Serve with Schramsberg Blanc de Blanc
Makes approximately 2 dozen pieces
- 8 ounces fresh albacore tuna
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon preserved lemon zest, minced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 sweet baguette
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Place the piece of tuna in a small, deep‐sided baking dish place. Add the fennel seed, black peppercorns and garlic clove. Cover with olive oil.
- Place the tuna in the oven and cook for 1 hour. The tuna should be cooked through and easy to flake.
- Allow the tuna to cool in the oil. Strain the oil and save it in the refrigerator for poaching fish in the future.
- When the tuna is cool remove it from the oil and flake it into small pieces in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add the sun‐dried tomatoes, olives, lemon zest, shallots and parsley. Mix well.
- Season with black pepper and mix well.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate before serving.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice baguette on a bias 1⁄4” thick.
- Brush with olive oil on both sides, season with salt and black pepper then spread out on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10‐12 minutes until golden.
To serve, spoon a portion of the tuna tapenade on the crostini, place on a platter and repeat using all the tapenade. Garnish with the chives and serve.
Created by Richard Haake, Chef & Owner, Winery Chefs (winerychefs.com)