- 1 lb fresh salmon
- 3 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup or more Cabernet Sauvignon or Zinfandel
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice
- Combine Sugar, Soy Sauce and Bourbon together, and stir until sugar crystals dissolve. Pour into a 7 ′′ x 11 ′′ baking pan.
- Place salmon skin-side-up on marinade, and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes while grill heats up.
- Remove from marinade and grill over medium heat for 5 minutes per side.
- Saute minced shallots with butter and olive oil until translucent.
- add blackberries and cook until they release their juices when gently mashed.
- Add wine and continue cooking, mashing down berries until thickened.
- Reduce by half and strain through a fine mesh to remove seeds and remaining pulp.
Serve warm with grilled salmon, roasted asparagus and lemon pine nut couscous.
Submitted by Michele Browne, Marietta, GA