Serve with Schramsberg Blanc de Noirs
- 10 lobsters
- 3 fennel bulbs, rough chop
- 1 bunch celery, rough chop
- 3 yellow onions, rough chop
- 5 garlic cloves, rough chop
- 2 fennel bulbs, rough chop
- 2 yellow onions, rough chop
- 1/3 bunch celery, rough chop
- 6 carrots, peeled and rough chop
- 2 heaping Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups brandy
- ½ Pernod
- Saute until cooked through.
- In large pot, place all ingredients, cover with water and reduce liquid by half.
- Add heavy cream and reduce by one third.
- Strain out solids and set aside.
- Sweat vegetables in small amount of oil. Add tomato paste.
- Deglaze pan with brandy. Bring to simmer, blend with reserved stock.
- Strain and serve over sautéed lobsters.
Submitted by Chef Victor Scargle, Julia’s Kitchen, Napa, CA