Serve with Schramsberg Brut Rosé
- 8 ounces puff pastry
- 1 lb. mini Spanish cooking chorizo*
- 1 egg, beaten
* mini Spanish cooking chorizo can be found online at www.latienda.com
- Carefully lay out a sheet of puff pastry on a well floured surface.
- Cut 40 1”x 3” strips of puff pastry dough.
- Take a piece of chorizo, wrap the dough around the middle of the sausage and seal the dough together with egg wash. Place the wrapped sausage on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until to you are ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the Perco en la Manta for 10 to 12 minutes until the dough is golden brown. Remove the tray from the oven and place the sausages on a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up any excess fat.
Place on a platter and serve.
Created by Richard Haake, Chef & Owner, Winery Chefs (winerychefs.com)