Serve with Davies Vineyards Pinot Noirs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 & 1/4 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried porcini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine
- 8 & 1/2 teaspoon dry white wine
- 2 & 1/8 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Salt & fresh ground white pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan, sweat onions in butter until translucent. Add button mushrooms and dried porcini mushrooms and cook until they have released their moisture and reduced to almost dry.
- Save a few of the browned button mushrooms to garnish the finished soup.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and Marsala and reduce to a light syrup over medium heat.
- Add cream and milk, bring to a scald.
- Puree in blender and strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Finish with sherry vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Top each with a sprinkle of minced parsley and reserved button mushrooms.
Courtesy of Goose & Gander, St. Helena