Serve with Schramsberg Blanc de Noirs Late Disgorged or Reserve
- 1 lb. fresh angel hair pasta
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cream
- Fresh black of white truffles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 egg yolks
- 12 oz tin Pâté de foie gras, cut in cubes
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in a large amount of boiling water and drain.
- Sauté shallots in butter, add cream and reduce for two minutes.
- Stir the pasta into the cream and reheat. Mix in truffles and brandy.
- Remove from heat.
- Add egg yolks and foie gras and toss
- Serve on heated plates.
From the files of Jamie Davies. An original recipe as featured in “Serve with Champagne”, TWA Ambassador 1984