Enjoy with Schramsberg J. Schram
- 12 quail, dressed
- 6 cloves garlic
- 24 fresh sage leaves
- 24 2” squares of Pancetta, about ¼” thick
- 1 cup squares of french bread cut 2” x 2”
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Brut sparkling wine
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry the quail; rub with olive oil and garlic. Squeeze lemon juice inside each Bird and stuff lightly with sage.
- Arrange the food on skewers as follows:
- Square of French bread
- Square of pancetta
- 2 to 3 fresh sage leaves
- A guail
- Sage leaves
- Arrange two quail on skewer. Roast over mesquite coals for approximately 30 minutes; baste with prepared mixture.
- Quail should be turned so that each side is golden brown. When skin is pierced juices should run clear.
An original recipe by Jamie Davies as featured in Bon Appetit October 1986