Serve with Schramsberg Blanc de Noirs
- 1⁄2 cup Pancetta, coarsely diced
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisins
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-2 cups olive oil
- 1 head of frisee, washed & drained
- 1 Granny Smith apple, julienne
- 1 Fuji or Braeburn apple, julienne
- 1-2 Belgian endive, chiffonade
- 8-12 fresh diver sea scallops
- salt and pepper
- Place Raisins in a bowl and cover with hot water. Soak until soft then strain.
- Sauté Pancetta until a deep golden brown. Drain off fat and set aside.
- Place raisins, juices and / or vinegar in a blender cup or robot coup.
- With the machine running, add oil slowly in a stream. Stop periodically to taste. Thin out with water if necessary.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper then saute in butter until deep golden brown.
- Cook medium-rare to medium, set aside on paper towel and keep warm.
- In a medium sized bowl toss frisee, julienne apples and endive with appropriate amount of dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a small heap of the salad onto 4 plates, Sprinkle with pancetta lardoons. Arrange 2-3 scallops on top of each plate to serve.