Serve with Schramsberg Brut Rosé
- 2 salmon filets, skin-on, 8 ounces each
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 3 large shallots
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 oz. baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Sprinkle salmon filets with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 ounces of olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon and saute until just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in the same skillet.
- Add half the shallots and tarragon and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to high, add half the spinach and toss for 30 seconds. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add remaining spinach and toss until wilted. Divide between two plates and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining one-tablespoon of butter in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining shallots and tarragon and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add wine and cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return salmon to the skillet and simmer for about one minute.
- Place salmon on spinach and top with sauce.