Serve with Schramsberg Crémant
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 smoked trout, about 1/2 pound
- 8 to 10 ancho chilies
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Put chilies in a bowl, cover with warm water and soak overnight. The next day, remove seeds and puree in food processor. Rub through a sieve and reserve.
- Add chili puree to 1 cup good mayonnaise (preferably homemade) and allow the flavors to blend for at least a day.
- Spread mayonnaise on thinly sliced, toasted baguette. Top with “chevron” of smoked trout.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh herbs.
Submitted by Jamie Davies