Serve with Schramsberg Crémant
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, divided in half
- 1⁄4 cup sliced onions
- 1⁄4 cup sliced carrots
- 1⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1′′ cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced yellow or red bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sliced, blanched Almonds
- 1⁄4 cup Schramsberg Crémant
- juice of half an orange
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat skillet, or wok, until very hot and add 1⁄2 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Add onions, carrots and celery and cook for about 5 minutes or until onions start to brown slightly. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil to pan, and heat until almost smoking.
- Add chicken and cook until it starts to brown, stirring frequently.
- Add bell peppers, green onions, red pepper flakes and almonds and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Deglaze pan with Schramsberg Crémant and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add orange juice, soy sauce and sugar. Reduce until sauce becomes like a glaze.
- Return onions, carrots and celery to pan and stir to incorporate into sauce.
- Heat thoroughly and serve immediately over white rice, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.